Monday, April 4, 2016

Back across the panhandle.

http://scott.followmyboat.net/

Best weather  of the whole trip! 
I traveled  200 miles through the calm foggy backwaters of Apalachicola, across the emerald waters of Destin, and finishing up the day crossing back into Alabama at Orange Beach. 
The weather today started out a little  cool but it turned into a absolutely beautifull afternoon.   The waters were so calm that I had time to enjoy a great lunch at the Florabama Yacht Club (my favorite spot to get off the water for food and a cold drink.)
Now I'll get some rest so I will be ready for a 270 mile run tomorrow. 
I should make it to Demopolis tomorrow night and finish my trip at Franklin Ferry Marina Wednesday.
Scott

5 comments:

  1. Don't you just wish the weather was like this last week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just wish the weather was like this last week?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me and 4 friends are leaving out wednesday on a similar trip. We're bound for Pensacola via pontoon boat and we'll be camping on the river banks all the way down. We should pass you at some point on Wednesday. We're leaving from Hurricane Creek across the river from Franklin's Ferry. We'll be the only pontoon boat with a pirate flag flying!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool. I will be on the lookout for you.

    ReplyDelete